G’morning all!! Here is another fit check update. When coming out of the winter season it can be especially hard to trim the pounds off. You’ve got used to eating for winter sustainability and to convert over to eating different for the warmer months is hard. Especially when it is still dreary, cold, and rainy. Well, I am getting back into the swing of things and have started eating less starchy foods (breads, pastas…etc) and getting back to eating more fresh foods (fresh fruits and vegetables). I do eat fruits and vegetables in the winter but they really are not as appealing as the heavier foods. As it warms up, I will be able to get out more again and actually go hiking and trailing. I’ll be able to get out on my bike and ride around with my kids in the fresh air too. Here’s to spring…glad you are just around the corner 🙂
I know I said last week I’d give an update about my wrist, so here it is. Apparently there are no nerve issues (yay) but then what is causing the pain? I have an appointment this Thursday to discuss that with my Dr. We’ll find out more info at that point.
G’morning everyone!!! Happy Tuesday!!!
Life lived for tomorrow will always be just a day away from being realized.
Monday oh Monday…why do you have to come so quick? Have a good one!!
With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Hope your Sunday is peaceful and relaxing!!
Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.
Hope your Saturday is amazing!!
Treasure your relationships, not your possessions.
Anthony J. D’Angelo
Hi everyone!! Hope your week is going great!! If you’re like me you are usually busy but want to have a home cooked meal. What better way then a slow cooker or “crockpot” to actually get it done? I love my slow cooker because I can just literally dump everything in it and let it cook while I do things around the house. I use at least once a week 🙂
Here is one of many recipes I have found for the slow cooker…especially when it comes to chicken. Enjoy!!
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 6 chicken legs, bone-in and skin-on
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed into a paste
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 Cups roasted tomatillo salsa (store-bought or homemade), divided
- Heat the ghee in a heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Mix the garlic, cumin, and coriander in a small bowl, and rub it all over the chicken. Working in batches, brown the chicken on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Pour 1 cup of the salsa into the slow cooker and arrange the browned legs on top. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Serve the chicken with the remaining 1 cup of the salsa.
It’s Friday!!! Have a great day and an amazing weekend!!
The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke