Here’s to another Monday!!! You will not get me down!!
All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.
I love Sundays!! They are so relaxing…enjoy yours 😀
Time makes more converts than reason.
Have a restful Saturday!!
Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
It’s Friday!!! Have a great weekend all!!
Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Thursday how you tease me with the weekend…Have a great day!!!
Be not simply good – be good for something.
Henry David Thoreau
Hopped on a train
On the way to Mashhad
Riding along the outskirts
Of the Capital city
Speed gradually increasing
Hearing the clump-clump of the tracks
The gentle sway of the train
Like rocking a babe to sleep
As we go the city turns to sand
As if it turns to dust
Riding along hearing
The clump-clump, clump-clump
As the train runs down the track
Seeing the desert go on for miles
As if nothing else is there
Feeling the gradual climb
As we go north
Going through the dark tunnel
Not knowing what is on the other side
Closing my eyes I look up and see
The inscription on the cabin door
This was an old Russian train
From the sixties
I close my eyes to the rhythmic sounds
Of the train running down
As day turns to night
We come to a stop
Just passengers coming and going
Not my stop
The train gradually starts again
Picking up speed
The sway puts me back again
To a semi-peaceful slumber
I awake and see the day
The train gradually slows
The clump-clump seems
To be louder now
We are closer to the city
The sway not as soothing
But is still there
The train made it again
Safe and sound
To the city of Mashhad.
deep hollow warm
beating from the inside out
sounds flowing in my veins
emanating from my soul
heart beats catching the rhythm
lost are the worries of the day
when I hear the beats of the world
Here’s to Hump Day!!! We are half way there!!
Real happiness is cheap enough, yet how dearly we pay for its counterfeit.
Hey all!! Back from my little bug….feeling a lot better. Still have a few sniffles but that is almost gone as well. I have had some maintaining on what was from last week because I really did not do too much. I am picking up the pace a bit this week but not going to over do it because I am still healing. I should be at 100 % next week. Till then here are my stats. Have a great week!!
Height: 5′ 7″
Bust: 38 in
Hips: 37 in
Hey all…I’m back!! After dealing with a nasty little cold that I still have a bit of a lingering touch, I am giving you your weekly pose. I am trying to keep it a simple this week because I am still having a few issues with the after effects. Hope you enjoy!
***On a side note…Please consult with your doctor before doing any new exercise. Also yoga is not meant to be done quickly it is meant to be done gradually. DO NOT force your body into any pose. The more you do them the easier they become.***
This is a simple pose that everyone can do. The more your hips and thighs will open and become more flexible. This is called the Butterfly pose.
Butterfly Pose (Badhakonasana):
- Sit with your spine erect and legs spread straight out.
- Now bend your knees and bring your feet towards the pelvis. The soles of your feet should touch each other.
- Grab your feet tightly with your hands. You may place the hands underneath the feet for support.
- Make an effort to bring the heels as close to the genitals as possible.
- Take a deep breath in. Breathing out, press the thighs and knees downward towards the floor. Make a gentle effort to keep pressing them downward.
- Take a deep breath in and as you exhale, bend forward, keeping the chin up and spine erect.
- Press your elbows on the thighs or on the knees, pushing the knees and thighs closer to the floor.
- Feel the stretch in the inner thighs and take long, deep breaths, relaxing the muscles more and more.
- Take a deep breath in and bring the torso up.
- As you exhale, gently release the posture. Straighten the legs out in front of you and relax.