Here is a good recipe that I have done before not only with blueberries but with pineapple and strawberries too. It’s a good sweet treat as well a delicious breakfast…Enjoy!!
BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN MINI CAKES:
- 2 cups frozen
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced, divided
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter six 4-inch ramekins and place in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Mix blueberries, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons white sugar together in a small bowl.
- Microwave 2 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in brown sugar. Spread equal amounts into the bottom of each ramekin.
- Divide the blueberry mixture evenly into the ramekins.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup white sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Mix in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt; stir until combined.
- Mix in milk.
- Spoon batter into the ramekins over the blueberry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool in the ramekins for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cakes; invert onto a plate.
It’s Friday!!! We made it another week!!
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
It has been a week into the games and they are just getting more intense every game. Hope everyone is enjoying them as much as I am!!
Today I have a delicious recipe for cheese and olives. A perfect combination!! Enjoy!!
Cheddar and Olive Balls
- 18 1/2 ounces extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 45 pitted green olives
- Allow cheese to sit out until it is at room temperature. In a large bowl, mix together the cheese, butter and paprika using a pastry blender.
- Gradually mix in flour, first using the pastry blender, then using your hands. Mix until the dough pulls together.
- It should form a solid ball with a smooth appearance, but have a crumbly texture when pulled apart.
- If dough appears too dry, add more shredded cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pinch off a small piece of dough, and cover an olive with it. Roll gently between your palms to smooth and seal the olive inside the ball.
- Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough and olives.
- Place the tray of covered olives into the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads.
What World Cup!!! Gotta love this game!!! Can’t wait for the rest of the games coming up!!
What I got for you today is a little bit of a twist on the egg roll. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
Southwestern Egg Rolls
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- Rub 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over chicken breast. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook chicken approximately 5 minutes per side, until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in green onion and red pepper.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes, until tender.
- Dice chicken and mix into the pan with onion and red pepper.
- Mix in corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until well blended and tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Monterey Jack cheese so that it melts.
- Wrap tortillas with a clean, lightly moist cloth. Microwave on high approximately 1 minute, or until hot and pliable.
- Spoon even amounts of the mixture into each tortilla. Fold ends of tortillas, then roll tightly around mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange in a medium dish, cover with plastic, and place in the freezer. Freeze at least 4 hours.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil for deep frying to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Deep fry frozen, stuffed tortillas 10 minutes each, or until dark golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
Here is to a great Wednesday…just a little more till the weekend!!
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Ahh….so we have had a few amazing games!! Everyone has been playing great and have been some amazing plays. Today I have a great meatball recipe for everyone to tantalize your tastebuds….Enjoy!!
Cajun Appetizer Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion\
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly the ground beef, hot pepper sauce, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, onion, bread crumbs, milk, and egg.
- Form the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until there is no pink left in the middle.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbeque sauce and peach preserves.
- When meatballs are done, place in a serving dish and cover with the barbeque sauce mixture. Toss to coat.