OMG!!! What a finish!! Nicely done France!!! Congratulations!! Hate to see Belgium go but there can only be one!!!
Today we have a little bit of a spicy, cheesy snack…Sausage – Cheddar Balls!! I love cheese and sausage too. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!!
Sausage and Cheddar Balls
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar (1/2 pound)
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 large yellow onion, grated on large holes of a box grater
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and baking powder.
- Add cheddar and toss to coat.
- Add sausage, onion, and butter.
- With your hands, mix until well combined and roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls, 1/2 inch apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until balls are golden and cooked through, 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
What a set of games!!! Who would of thought that Belgium and France would have come out of this set of Quarters!!! Wow!! I hate to see Brazil and Uruguay go but someone has to. Can’t wait till see today’s games!!
Well until they start…here is a good recipe for wontons. With this recipe you can adjust the ranch dressing or use different kind of meat…ground sausage, ground beef, shrimp, or even add canned tomatoes. The following is a pretty basic recipe. Enjoy!!
Sausage Wonton Appetizers
1 1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz ranch salad dressing
1 pkg rectangular wonton wrappers
- Brown sausage in skillet and drain.
- Add cheeses and salad dressing(adjust amount of dressing to your taste) and mix together.
- Place wonton wrappers into mini muffin pan.
- Fill each with a teaspoon of sausage mixture.
- Cook at 350 degrees about 10 minutes or until slightly browned and cheeses are melted.
WOW what a World Cup it has been!!! Teams that we thought were going to be at top fell to the side and teams that had almost no chance now are winning!! We got one more week of group matches and then the Round of 16 (knockouts) will start.
Well with all the excitement here is an easy appetizer for the games NACHOS!! Enjoy!!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (18 ounce) package restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream, or more to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained and chopped
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced jalapeno peppers, drained
- Add all ingredients to list
- Cook and stir ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until meat is crumbly and no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and water and simmer until beef mixture has thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread tortilla chips on the prepared baking sheet; top with Cheddar cheese and dot with refried beans and ground beef mixture.
- Broil in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, watching carefully to prevent burning, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top nachos with salsa, sour cream, black olives, green onions, and jalapeno peppers.
What an amazing cup!!! There has been amazing matches and some not so amazing but overall has been an amazing set of games. As we are still in the Group stage so there are still going to be some amazing matches before we get to the Knockout stage. I hope you all are having fun…I know I am!!!
Cheesy Onion Roll-Ups
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeno peppers
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, green onions, lime juice and jalapeno peppers.
- Spread one side of each tortilla with the sour cream mixture.
- Tightly roll each tortilla. Place rolled tortillas on a medium serving dish and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Slice tortillas into 1 inch pieces. Serve with picante sauce.
Yes I skipped Friday…but I had a really good on that day too. Have a look at it for a sweet idea. Today I have good one that is sure to please…enjoy!!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites
- 9 ounces ground chicken
- 1/4 cup cooked, diced ham
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cube
- canola oil for pan-frying
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the chicken, ham, and egg in a large bowl until well blended.
- Gradually add bread crumbs until the mixture loses its stickiness and can be easily formed into balls.
- Form the chicken mixture around the cheese cubes, forming 2 inch balls. Place on a plate.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the balls until the outsides are golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, and place in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until cooked through and cheese is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Cool briefly before serving.
It has been a week into the games and they are just getting more intense every game. Hope everyone is enjoying them as much as I am!!
Today I have a delicious recipe for cheese and olives. A perfect combination!! Enjoy!!
Cheddar and Olive Balls
- 18 1/2 ounces extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 45 pitted green olives
- Allow cheese to sit out until it is at room temperature. In a large bowl, mix together the cheese, butter and paprika using a pastry blender.
- Gradually mix in flour, first using the pastry blender, then using your hands. Mix until the dough pulls together.
- It should form a solid ball with a smooth appearance, but have a crumbly texture when pulled apart.
- If dough appears too dry, add more shredded cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pinch off a small piece of dough, and cover an olive with it. Roll gently between your palms to smooth and seal the olive inside the ball.
- Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough and olives.
- Place the tray of covered olives into the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
What World Cup!!! Gotta love this game!!! Can’t wait for the rest of the games coming up!!
What I got for you today is a little bit of a twist on the egg roll. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
Southwestern Egg Rolls
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- Rub 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over chicken breast. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook chicken approximately 5 minutes per side, until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in green onion and red pepper.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes, until tender.
- Dice chicken and mix into the pan with onion and red pepper.
- Mix in corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until well blended and tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in Monterey Jack cheese so that it melts.
- Wrap tortillas with a clean, lightly moist cloth. Microwave on high approximately 1 minute, or until hot and pliable.
- Spoon even amounts of the mixture into each tortilla. Fold ends of tortillas, then roll tightly around mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange in a medium dish, cover with plastic, and place in the freezer. Freeze at least 4 hours.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat oil for deep frying to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Deep fry frozen, stuffed tortillas 10 minutes each, or until dark golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
Ahh….so we have had a few amazing games!! Everyone has been playing great and have been some amazing plays. Today I have a great meatball recipe for everyone to tantalize your tastebuds….Enjoy!!
Cajun Appetizer Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion\
- 1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly the ground beef, hot pepper sauce, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, onion, bread crumbs, milk, and egg.
- Form the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until there is no pink left in the middle.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbeque sauce and peach preserves.
- When meatballs are done, place in a serving dish and cover with the barbeque sauce mixture. Toss to coat.