Hi everyone!! If you’re reading this you made it through another Thanksgiving feast and survived the ensuing food coma. But now you have all those leftovers. What should you do with all that amazing food, even though if your like me you’re already tired of it? Well I got a pretty basic recipe that I already do without leftovers but as I was scouring the internet I found this one that is really similar to my basic one. It has been adapted to use with leftovers: Crispy Mashed Potato & Stuffing Patties. Enjoy!!
Crispy Mashed Potato & Stuffing Patties
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups leftover chopped cooked turkey
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Unsweetened applesauce, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, onion and pepper.
- Stir in potatoes, turkey and stuffing.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, drop potato mixture by 1/2 cupful into skillet
- Press to flatten slightly.
- Fry on each side until golden brown and heated through, 4-5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.