Good Morning all!!! It is a start to the finish. We have 4 teams that I don’t think anyone thought would be in the finishing rounds. Good luck to them all!!
Well today I thought we could use something sweet for a snack and what better then Nutella!! This recipe actually only makes 18 but you can adjust the amount to the number needed.
Nutella Sandwich Cookies
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make the Meringue: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites and sugar to combine.
- Remove the bowl and place it over a medium pot of simmering water. Warm the mixture, whisking constantly by hand, until the sugar has dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the bowl back to the electric mixer.
- Add the cream of tartar and the salt, and whip on medium-high speed until the egg whites are thick and can hold a peak. Add the vanilla extract and beat just until combined.
- Bake the Meringue: Using two spoons, drop 2-tablespoon dollops of meringue onto the prepared baking sheets. They don’t need to be perfect, but should be around the same size.
- Bake until the meringues are crisp but not golden, about 1½ hours. Cool completely. (The meringues can be made a day or two ahead and stored in an airtight container.)
- Assemble the Sandwich Cookies: Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons chocolate-hazelnut spread onto the flat side of a meringue cookie. T
- op with another meringue cookie and gently press to seal (not too hard, as the meringues are a bit fragile).
- Repeat with the remaining cookies and chocolate-hazelnut spread. Serve immediately.