Two more got eliminated….Spain and Denmark (both lost after 120 mins and penalty kicks)…sorry to see two more amazing teams to go. Congratulations Russia and Croatia!!! You made it to the Quarter-Finals!!!!
Here is another mushroom recipe. I love mushrooms and it seems you can find all sorts of recipes for them. Enjoy!!
- 48 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise*
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard or horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use); set caps aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff into the mushroom caps.
- Place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dishes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 16-20 minutes or until heated through.
It’s Wednesday and some amazing games have been played this week so far. I hope everyone is enjoying them as much as I am!!
Today I got a classic appetizer that I have used at get togethers in the past and they have been enjoyed. They disappear pretty quick. Enjoy!!
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems.
- Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet.
- Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- Mixture should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
This morning I went out in my backyard as is my habit and couldn’t help but smile when the mushrooms and dewdrops. I tried to get them in the pic.
Just a few inches away from the above mushroom I saw this really cool anthill.
I hope you have had a wonderful day 🙂