Well we finally started to cool down a bit…I mean when you go from having 90 degree weather to 60 degree I would definitely call that a cool down wouldn’t you? So with that in mind, I thought I would get out my slow cooker and cook up something to warm you from the inside out. This recipe does just that. As I have said before, I love shrimp and most recipes with shrimp I will give a try at least once. Of course I love jambalaya and if I have the time I fix it quite often. Enter the slow cooker. I love my slow cooker. I can honestly tell you I use my slow cooker for so many different things. It makes my life so amazingly simple. I don;t know what I would do without it. Anyway…back to the recipe. I found this recipe online and to be honest it is really good easy recipe for Jambalaya…Hope you enjoy it!!
Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp without tails
- In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, green bell pepper, celery, and broth.
- Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
- Cover, and cook 7 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High.
- Stir in the shrimp during the last 30 minutes of cook time.