Hi all!! Today I got a recipe for those cold days that are coming and the best part…it’s a slow cooker recipe!! I love my slow cooker so much. I can just dump everything in with little prep and have an amazing meal in the evening. I could go on forever about my slow cooker so I will stop and get back to the recipe 🙂
This recipe is a really simple one that really does not take too long to put together but turns out amazing. The lentils, ham, and other vegetables are the perfect filling for a cold winter night. Just pair it up with biscuits or cornbread and you have the perfect meal. Enjoy!!
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 8 teaspoons tomato sauce
- In a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker combine the lentils, celery, carrots, onion, garlic and ham.
- Season with basil, thyme, oregano, the bay leaf and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken broth, water and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low for 11 hours.
- Discard the bay leaf before serving.
Today the World Cup Quarter finals begin!!!! I am so excited for all the teams!! Who are you rooting for? Who do you think will make out of the Quarters? Leave me comments below.
Well today I got a quick sandwich for you. It’s good for appetizers or even for a quick lunch. They are so easy to make…Enjoy!!
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 24 dinner rolls
- 1/2 pound chopped ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine onion flakes, mustard, poppy seeds and margarine.
- Split each dinner roll. Make a sandwich of the ham and cheese and the dinner rolls.
- Arrange the sandwiches on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the poppy seed mixture over the sandwiches.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Serve these sandwiches warm.
Yes I skipped Friday…but I had a really good on that day too. Have a look at it for a sweet idea. Today I have good one that is sure to please…enjoy!!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites
- 9 ounces ground chicken
- 1/4 cup cooked, diced ham
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cube
- canola oil for pan-frying
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the chicken, ham, and egg in a large bowl until well blended.
- Gradually add bread crumbs until the mixture loses its stickiness and can be easily formed into balls.
- Form the chicken mixture around the cheese cubes, forming 2 inch balls. Place on a plate.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the balls until the outsides are golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, and place in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until cooked through and cheese is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Cool briefly before serving.