Here is a good recipe that I have done before not only with blueberries but with pineapple and strawberries too. It’s a good sweet treat as well a delicious breakfast…Enjoy!!
BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN MINI CAKES:
- 2 cups frozen
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced, divided
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter six 4-inch ramekins and place in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Mix blueberries, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons white sugar together in a small bowl.
- Microwave 2 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in brown sugar. Spread equal amounts into the bottom of each ramekin.
- Divide the blueberry mixture evenly into the ramekins.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup white sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Mix in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt; stir until combined.
- Mix in milk.
- Spoon batter into the ramekins over the blueberry mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool in the ramekins for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cakes; invert onto a plate.