Wow what amazing games that have been played!!! I hate to say good bye but two more were eliminated yesterday Mexico and Japan….so sorry to see you go!! Congratulations Brazil and Belgium you made it to the Quarter-finals!!!!
Today I have an amazing and easy shrimp recipe for you!! I love shrimp. Whether it be fried, grilled or put in a gumbo, there is something about shrimp. Hope you enjoy it as much as me 🙂
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 24 shrimp
- 3 cups oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, 1/2 cup flour, beer and baking powder.
- Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls.
- Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep-fryer.
- Fry shrimp in batches: cook, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.