OMG!!! What a finish!! Nicely done France!!! Congratulations!! Hate to see Belgium go but there can only be one!!!
Today we have a little bit of a spicy, cheesy snack…Sausage – Cheddar Balls!! I love cheese and sausage too. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!!
Sausage and Cheddar Balls
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups grated cheddar (1/2 pound)
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1/2 large yellow onion, grated on large holes of a box grater
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and baking powder.
- Add cheddar and toss to coat.
- Add sausage, onion, and butter.
- With your hands, mix until well combined and roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place balls, 1/2 inch apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until balls are golden and cooked through, 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.