Hi all!! Here is a good recipe to fix with tea or coffee. It’s sweet but not too sweet and is really easy to fix. I love cookies but sometimes they can be a little boring. These are anything but. Enjoy!!
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup white sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, vegetable oil, 1 cup white sugar and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the pecans. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in remaining white sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.