Here is a great quick holiday recipe. I love oatmeal cookies but I never really cared for raisins in oatmeal cookies, so most of the time I would leave them out. Then I stumbled across this recipe while searching the internet and instead of using raisins they used cranberries. So I decided to bake them and I thought they were amazing. They are not overly sweet but sweet enough to enjoy with a cup or coffee or tea.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the oats. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until well combined, about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour or up to overnight (the dough can also be pre-scooped and frozen for future use).
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a couple sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Scoop the heaping tablespoon sized portions of the dough onto the lined sheet pans, spacing them about 1 1/2-inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned. Let them cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.