Here is a delicious recipe one of my friends gave me. They are sort of like ginger snaps but with at really strong molasses taste. Enjoy!!
Crackle Top Molasses Cookies
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a large bowl mix oil and 1 cup of sugar.
- Add egg, beat well. Stir in molasses, 2 cups flour, baking soda and spices.
- If necessary, add more flour to make a firm dough.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll in 1/3 cup sugar.
- Place 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until tops crack.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on rack.