Hi all!! Here’s another great recipe for Recipe Friday!!
There are a few dishes that can be fixed a few different ways. This one is no exception. I have fixed chicken enchiladas several different ways but seems like I keep coming back to this one. It is a really simple quick version and is an all around favorite. Enjoy!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well.
- Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.
- Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up.
- Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk.
- Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.