Hi everyone!! Hope your week has been going great!! I thought I would dig up another cookie recipe for this week because who doesn’t love cookies? I know I do 🙂
This is great oatmeal cookie recipe that I have use a few times and always get good results with it. The best thing about this recipe is you can add nuts, raisins, or even chocolate chips to it. It’s really good base recipe to get creative with. Enjoy 🙂
Soft Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.