Hi all!! Here is a good recipe that my kids and hubby enjoy. Which says a lot because none of them really like stews. I probably am the only one that really enjoys a good stew. Enjoy!!
Southwestern Chicken and Lima Bean Stew
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Place the first five ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and dry seasonings; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through.
- If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Yield: 6 servings.