Hey all sorry about the delay on tis I have been busy with a lot of things sorry I didn’t do this earlier. It was a day…but no excuse…here it is…Yoga Pose Tuesday (a day late)
Well today I do have a pic for you for a new pose called Bridge Pose. This can be a relaxing pose but if you have any kind of neck injury or shoulder injury please do this under supervision to avoid additional injuries.
***On a side note…Please consult with your doctor before doing any new exercise. Also yoga is not meant to be done quickly it is meant to be done gradually. DO NOT force your body into any pose. The more you do them the easier they become.***
BRIDGE POSE (Setu Bandha)
- Begin lying on your back.
- Bend your knees and place your feet on the ground hip-width apart with your arms on either side of you reaching toward your heels. Outer edges of your feet are parallel.
- Press into your feet (especially into the big toe mound), lengthen through your tailbone, and lift your hips.
- Interlace your hands together underneath you, and, if it feels good, wiggle your shoulders closer together one at a time. Breathe here for at least three deep breaths
- Lower slowly down to lying on your back.