Well good morning all!! Welcome to another addition of “yoga pose Tuesday” Hope Everyone is getting at least something out of these poses. I’m back at 100% and feel a ton better then I did last week. 🙂
***On a side note…Please consult with your doctor before doing any new exercise. Also yoga is not meant to be done quickly it is meant to be done gradually. DO NOT force your body into any pose. The more you do them the easier they become.***
Today I am introducing you to the Cow Face (Gomukhasana) pose. The way I have it pictured here is the beginner. There are more advanced way in doing it. Also if you have issues bringing your hands to each other in the back a strap or towel can be used. The more this pose is done, the more your shoulders will open up to allow your hands to come together.
1. Start on your hands and knees in table position, then cross the right leg in front of the left, and walk both ankles out to the side walls. Slowly walk the hands to the tops of the feet or ankles. *
2. Use your arms to support you as you slowly lower the hips down to the floor or to your heels.
*(alt position. Start on hands and knees and go into the Hero Pose (sitting between feet on your knees) )
3. Reach your left fingers between the shoulder blades, and reach your right hand around the back to grasp the left fingers. Gently pull the arms towards each other.(use a towel or strap if cannot reach together) Stay here or exhale and lower the forehead to the knees or all the way to the floor.
4. Breathe deeply and hold 3-8 breaths.
5. To release: Release the arms and slowly inhale the head and torso up. Walk the hands forward coming back into the table position.
6. Repeat other side.