Yoga Pose Tuesday
Welcome back to my weekly yoga!! Hope you all are enjoying it and maybe trying it. Good luck to you if you are! It will definitely make you be come more centered and balanced both mentally and physically.
***On a side note…Please consult with your doctor before doing any new exercise. Also yoga is not meant to be done quickly it is meant to be done gradually. DO NOT force your body into any pose. The more you do them the easier they become.***
I know I said I was going to keep them simple but I did try this pose for the last 2 1/2 weeks before I took this photo. DO NOT force yourself into this back bend/inverted pose. Gradually work your way into it. This is called the Camel Pose.
(please take care in doing this pose)
Camel Pose (Ustrasana):
1. Stand up on your knees with your hips stacked over the knees. Take padding under your knees if they are sensitive.
2. Draw your hands up the side of your body until your thumbs reach your arm pits. Hook your thumbs into your pits for support as you start to open your chest toward the ceiling.
3. Maintain the position of your chest as you reach your hands back one at a time to grasp your heels. If you need a little more height, tuck your toes under. Otherwise the tops of the feet can be flat on the floor.
4. Bring your hips forward so that they stay over your knees.
5. If it feels good, let your head come back, opening your throat. If that doesn’t work for your neck, you can keep the chin tucked instead