Yoga Pose Tuesday
Today is the first of many posts I intend to do. The biggest reason I want to do this is to encourage anyone wanting to do should at least give it a shot. Another reason is, I like to provide extra info on all sorts of things. So why not do on something that has impacted my life so much throughout my life. Pictures are courtesy of my aspiring photographer…my daughter 🙂
(me..obviously not perfect but hey I’ll get it)
Warrior I (aka: Virabhadrasana I)-
How To Do:
- Begin in high lunge with your right leg forward.
- Make sure your right heel is in line with your left heel, Bring your hands to your hips, squaring your hips and shoulders straight ahead. Then, relax your shoulders down your back and gently draw them together.
- Inhale and lift your arms straight up over your head, palms facing each other. If possible, bring your palms together.
- Now, stretch up through your arms, lift through your sternum, and keep your shoulders relaxed and chest lifted.
- To deepen the stretch, keep your palms together and gently arch your back, look up towards the ceiling. Breathe deep and steady for several breaths.
- To release, come back into high lunge, straighten the right leg, pivot your body 90 degrees to the left, and point your toes in the same direction.
- Extend your arms out to your sides. Take a few breaths of relaxation and repeat the exercise with your left foot forward
Benefits of Warrior I Pose:
- Strengthens your shoulders, arms, legs, ankles and back
- Opens yours hips, chest and lungs
- Improves focus, balance and stability
- Encourages good circulation and respiration
- Stretches your arms, legs, shoulders, neck, belly, groins and ankles
- Energizes the entire body